DFES PTA’s purpose aligns with that of the California and National Parent Teacher Association to:
- Promote the welfare of children in home, school, and throughout the community.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- Promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- Engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- Advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding
ABOUT DFES PTA
Welcome! DFES PTA serves the Dianne Feinstein Elementary School community and is open to all who support the purposes of the PTA, including parents, grandparents, caregivers, and friends.
DFES PTA bolsters our sense of community through fun and interactive events! Favorite past events like the Walkathon, Dads Club Family Picnic, Carnival and more have created family memories that we look forward to recreating again. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be adapting our community building events to be safe and distanced – likely virtual. Check out theCommunity Building page for more information.
DFES PTA raises vital funds that support the education of over 500 children at our school! At a time when public schools continue to be underfunded, our community support is more crucial than ever. We help fund programs like art, science, literacy, and homework support. Your donations also allowhttps://jointotem.com/ca/san-francisco/dfes-pta us to provide class resources, professional development, and safety programs, helping our students thrive socially, emotionally, and academically. Want more details? Check out What We Fund.
DFES PTA also provides direct services to our school! As learning is currently virtual, some of these activities are “on hold.” But when we return back to in-person learning, DFES PTA will once again run our morning “Stop, Drop & Go!” student drop-off program and provide other services such as family welcome events, school tours, educational programming for families, and more!
So join us – there is plenty to do! We need volunteers of all sorts; you name it, there is a role for you.